Since the instructions that come with Skoolbo aren’t very clear when it comes to deployment and the proxy setup, I thought I’d write some clearer instructions.
Hopefully these are easier to follow and make a bit more sense:
- Download the UK Skoolbo MSI
- Install either manually, via GPO or via PDQ Deploy (the switches to use are /quite /norestart)
- On one computer, launch Skoolbo. Once it launches, log into the proxy if needed with the schools generic proxyaccess account (or other generic account). Then close the software.
- On the same computer, open Regedit, go to HKCU\SOFTWARE\Skoolbo Pte Ltd\Skoolbo UK, and copy the Value of the Key named “ProxyCredential_h2236228162”.
- On the server open Group Policy Management, and create a new GPO called “Skoolbo Registry Keys”, and go to User Config > Preferences > Windows Settings > Registry and add the following Keys, editing the sections in red:
- REG ADD “HKCU\SOFTWARE\Skoolbo Pte Ltd\Skoolbo UK” /v Configuration_h2470322773 /t REG_SZ /d “School” /f
- REG ADD “HKCU\SOFTWARE\Skoolbo Pte Ltd\Skoolbo UK” /v ProxyAuthentication_h1188770697 /t REG_SZ /d “0x00000001” /f
- REG ADD “HKCU\SOFTWARE\Skoolbo Pte Ltd\Skoolbo UK” /v SchoolCode_h2980759036 /t REG_SZ /d “Your school code” /f
- REG ADD “HKCU\SOFTWARE\Skoolbo Pte Ltd\Skoolbo UK” /v ProxyCredential_h2236228162 /t REG_SZ /d “Key Value Copied in Step 4” /f
- Log onto another computer (that’s never had Skoolbo launched on it) and run “gpupdate /force” – do a restart if needed – then launch Skoolbo. It should log straight in, without any prompts.
The school code should be available from the member of staff that has signed the school up to Skoolbo.