Install .net 3.5 Offline in Windows 10 (or Windows 8) easily by following the below. All you need is a Windows 10 ISO / DVD (or 8 if you’re doing this on Windows 8). This method is great if you’re offline or have a limited internet connection – it’s probably also quicker than downloading from Microsoft Update.
In this quick guide, I’m going to assume your doing this in Windows 10, however if you aren’t simply substitute the number 10 for 8 as the steps are exactly the same.
How to Install .net 3.5 Offline in Windows 10
- Firstly, insert the Windows 10 DVD or mount the ISO. Take note of the drive letter of the DVD / ISO. In this guide, I’ll use E:.
- Launch command prompt as administrator.
- Run the following command:
Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /source:E:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
- Once you see the following, you’re done:
- At this point, I would suggest a restart. It’s technically not necessary, but after any install I would usually recommend doing so.
It’s that easy to Install .net 3.5 Offline in Windows 10 – however if this all seems a bit technical for you, or for some reason you’re having trouble, Jaber Al Nahian over at TechGainer.com has created a handy little tool to make this a little easier.
Alternatively, drop a comment and I’ll see if I can help.