Install .net 3.5 Offline in Server 2019 (or Server 2016) easily by following the below. All you need is a Server 2019 ISO / DVD (or Server 2016 if you’re doing this on 2016). This method is great if you’re offline, have a limited internet connection or have issues installing via server manager.
In this quick guide, I’m going to assume your doing this in Server 2019, however if you aren’t simply substitute the number 2019 for 2016 as the steps are exactly the same.
FIX: How to Install .net 3.5 Offline in Windows 10
- Firstly, insert the Server 2019 DVD or mount the ISO. Take note of the drive letter of the DVD / ISO. In this guide, I’ll use E:.
- Launch command prompt as administrator.
- Run the following command:
Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /all /featurename:NetFX3 /source:E:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
- Once you see the following, you’re done:
- At this point, I would suggest a restart. It’s technically not necessary, but after any install I would usually recommend doing so.
It’s as easy as that!
Need to install this in Windows 10 or 8? It’s almost exactly the same, check out my article here.